- Meeting abstract
- Open Access
PROMISSE: progress in understanding pregnancy complications in patients with SLE
- JE Salmon1
© Salmon; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2012
Published: 27 September 2012
This work is presented on behalf of the PROMISSE Investigators (J Buyon, M Kim, MD Lockshin, CA Laskin, DW Branch, J Merrill, M Petri, L Sammaritano, M Stephenson) and the PROMISSE Collaborators (JP Atkinson, M Triebwasser, SA Karumanchi). This research is supported by grant NIH/NIAMS RO1 AR49772.
- Girardi G, Berman J, Redecha P, Spruce L, Thurman JM, Kraus D, Hollmann TJ, Casali P, Caroll MC, Wetsel RA, Lambris JD, Holers VM, Salmon JE: Complement C5a receptors and neutrophils mediate fetal injury in the antiphophospholipid syndrome. J Clin Invest. 2003, 112: 1644-1654.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Salmon JE, Girardi G, Lockshin MD: The antiphospholipid syndrome - a disorder initiated by inflammation: implications for therapy of pregnant patients. Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol. 2007, 3: 140-147. 10.1038/ncprheum0432.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Lynch AM, Salmon JE: Dysregulated complement activation as a common pathway of injury in preeclampsia and other pregnancy complications. Placenta. 2010, 31: 561-567. 10.1016/j.placenta.2010.03.010.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Lockshin MD, Kim M, Laskin CA, Guerra M, Branch DW, Merrill J, Petri M, Porter F, Sammaritano L, Stephenson MD, Buyon J, Salmon JE: Lupus anticoagulant, but not anticardiolipin antibody, predicts adverse pregnancy outcome in patients with antiphospholipid antibodies. Arthritis Rheum. 2012, 64: 2311-2318. 10.1002/art.34402.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Salmon JE, Heuser C, Triebwasser M, Liszewski KM, Kavanagh D, Roumenina L, Branch DW, Goodship T, Fremeaux-Bacchi V, Atkinson JP: Mutations in complement regulatory proteins predispose to preeclampsia. PLoS Med. 2011, 8: e1001013-10.1371/journal.pmed.1001013.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.