- Poster presentation
- Open Access
Unc93 homolog B1 restricts systemic lethal inflammation by orchestrating TLR7 and TLR9 response
© Fukui et al.; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2012
- Published: 29 February 2012
- Autoimmune Disease
- Aspartic Acid
- Acute Hepatitis
Nucleotide sensing-TLRs (Toll-like receptors) recognize pathogen derived-nucleic acids and trigger immune response . Because of the highly conserved structure of nucleic acids, these TLRs have risk to recognize host derived-nucleic acids and induce autoimmune disease, therefore it is important to clarify the mechanisms and control the response.
It is reported that TLR7 or TLR9 response contributes to some kinds of autoimmune disease and TLR7 overexpressed mice develop SLE like autoimmune disease [4–8]. To investigate the significance of reciprocal TLR7/TLR9 balance in vivo, we generated Unc93b1D34A/D34A mice and observed the phenotypes.
- Blasius AL, Beutler B: Intracellular toll-like receptors. Immunity. 2010, 32: 305-315. 10.1016/j.immuni.2010.03.012.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Fukui R, Saitoh S, Matsumoto F, Kozuka-Hata H, Oyama M, Tabeta K, Beutler B, Miyake K: Unc93B1 biases Toll-like receptor responses to nucleic acid in dendritic cells toward DNA- but against RNA-sensing. J Exp Med. 2009, 206: 1339-1350. 10.1084/jem.20082316.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Tabeta K, Hoebe K, Janssen EM, Du X, Georgel P, Crozat K, Mudd S, Mann N, Sovath S, Goode J, et al: The Unc93b1 mutation 3d disrupts exogenous antigen presentation and signaling via Toll-like receptors 3, 7 and 9. Nat Immunol. 2006, 7: 156-164.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Pisitkun P, Deane JA, Difilippantonio MJ, Tarasenko T, Satterthwaite AB, Bolland S: Autoreactive B cell responses to RNA-related antigens due to TLR7 gene duplication. Science. 2006, 312: 1669-1672. 10.1126/science.1124978.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Santiago-Raber ML, Kikuchi S, Borel P, Uematsu S, Akira S, Kotzin BL, Izui S: Evidence for genes in addition to Tlr7 in the Yaa translocation linked with acceleration of systemic lupus erythematosus. J Immunol. 2008, 181: 1556-1562.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Asagiri M, Hirai T, Kunigami T, Kamano S, Gober HJ, Okamoto K, Nishikawa K, Latz E, Golenbock DT, Aoki K, et al: Cathepsin K-dependent toll-like receptor 9 signaling revealed in experimental arthritis. Science. 2008, 319: 624-627. 10.1126/science.1150110.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Deane JA, Pisitkun P, Barrett RS, Feigenbaum L, Town T, Ward JM, Flavell RA, Bolland S: Control of toll-like receptor 7 expression is essential to restrict autoimmunity and dendritic cell proliferation. Immunity. 2007, 27: 801-810. 10.1016/j.immuni.2007.09.009.PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Lande R, Gregorio J, Facchinetti V, Chatterjee B, Wang YH, Homey B, Cao W, Su B, Nestle FO, Zal T, et al: Plasmacytoid dendritic cells sense self-DNA coupled with antimicrobial peptide. Nature. 2007, 449: 564-569. 10.1038/nature06116.View ArticlePubMedGoogle Scholar
- Fukui R, Saitoh SI, Kanno A, Onji M, Shibata T, Ito A, Matsumoto M, Akira S, Yoshida N, Miyake K: Unc93B1 restricts systemic lethal inflammation by orchestrating toll-like receptor 7 and 9 trafficking. Immunity. 2011Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.